You know the mom I'm talking about...the one that looks so frazzled she can't do one more thing...the one with two or more screaming kids that just look out of control...the one that looks like she can't wait to get out of wherever she is...the mom you look at on your good days and say "Boy, I'm glad that's not me!"
On my past two big trips to the grocery store I have been that mom (Tara even witnessed yesterday's fiasco). I'm learning that the cute carts with the car just don't work for us...the kids are too close and get in each other's way. They fight over anything they can think of and yesterday Baylor bit a chunk out of Christian's shoulder!!! You may be thinking "he probably provoked her" and most times I would agree with you, but I think this time she was just plain ol' mad and took it out on her brother. There is a red mark with slightly broken skin on his upper back/shoulder area. I was so flustered at the checkout that I forgot to use the coupons that I had just spent an hour looking around the store with. (You know those ones that were about to expire and you use them on stuff you know you'll need soon, but not necessarily right now.) The checkout people mean well, but make you feel worse with their "Oh, someones having a bad day" and "those kids just aren't getting along are they?" I've had the same teenage bagger each time and I know we are swearing her off kids...she has to think "I don't want ones like that!"
It is very frustrating to try and do things with the both of them...lately. It didn't used to be bad, but now the whole sibling fighting just because we are siblings has started. Too much togetherness!! We are so ready for school to start...but wait I have to keep one because she's not big enough for school yet!! I get a break from them fighting with each other only to have to listen to the whining of one who will feel all alone. It is such a love/ hate time around our house...Mommy included:)
I forgot to add that while Christian was still crying over his bite he broke into the most pitiful version of "Twinkle, Twinkle" that I have ever heard. I asked him if he was trying to find his happy place, but he didn't respond.
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
THAT MOM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
This cracks me up because it is a daily occurance for me... with only one!! Just last Friday Brax threw a tantrum in the shoe store because he didn't want me to take off his crocs... Screaming, kicking, tears streaming down his face, shouting "shoes, Mama, shoeys, Mama!" And then yesterday as he cried nonstop through is back-to-school haircut... I'm glad to know that I'm not the only frazzled mom around...
I so know how you feel...I'm THAT MOM even in my own house sometimes!! I'm not going to make it to Bunco b/c I have too much to do with our trip but tell the girls hi for me & have some fun for me!
Oh girl, you are so not alone. I feel like I am always THAT MOM! Perhaps that's why I hardly ever leave the house...maybe I am on to something...
All kidding aside, I really admire you for the good work you do as a parent. You are a wonderful mom and you have wonderful kids. I am sorry things are so tough for you right now. Just know that you are loved and prayed for and that it will get better in time. In the meantime, you keep doing what you have to do and if people look, let them look. If they make "nice" comments, let them. You are doing your best to raise children that love God and that in and of itself is the hardest and most noble calling on earth!
I love you, friend and we will see you Thursday!
In this weather, that would be why DH does most of the grocery shopping. The kids are so tired of being pent up inside, they are going nuts!!!! I feel your pain, sweetie!
Those blasted car carts always make me THAT mom!!!
oh, i feel your pain! i'm that mom too!! and it kind of sounds like most of our friends (all the girls who we all want to be just like) are that way too. at least we're all in good company, right? ;) hang in there, and know that you're not alone. maybe tonight at bunco you can find YOUR happy place! ;)
I have left my buggy with the groceries in it and just went home b/c i was so frustrated! I feel your pain
Post a Comment