At Otter Creek we have a monthly service called Celebration. It is one Sunday night a month when the whole church gets together to celebrate being a family with God. This past one was our 'Back to School' blessing. We sang songs and prayed over the children as they were returning to school...our 1st graders also get a special treat from the church--a new bible to practice their reading skills with:) Anyway...some of the children's worship leaders got up on stage and invited all the kids to come down and show the adults what they do in children's worship. Well the music started and everyone else was singing along/doing hand motions that go along with the words--OUR SON started dancing to his very own beat on the side of the stage removed from everyone else. Anyone that was there can attest to the fact that it looked very much like break dancing!!! Everyone in the audience was laughing and I was crying from laughing so hard. Those around us kept looking at Jeff and I asking if we had taught him those moves. The funniest part about it is that Christian is normally quite reserved and doesn't hardly make himself known in children's worship. (Jeff and I help in there once a month and that is what we have observed.) A couple other kids started to follow suit so the audience did get quite the show:) Two weeks later and people are still commenting on Christian's great moves.
I, of course, did not have my camera--I'm not sure still pictures would have even done it justice. Who thinks to bring a video camera along with them to church?!?!
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Our son...the dancer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment