CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 17, 2007

Snoopy Day

Those that are familiar with OC know that this is the day the kids get to 'snoop' around and meet their new teacher. This cute boy is now in the 4 year olds class and is SO PROUD!! He'll tell anybody who will listen "I'm 4 and I'm in the 4 year olds class". He was so excited to get back to school and see his friends. We have all missed this routine and the good feeling you get just being a part of this school. The women there are AWESOME!! They love God and love our children. I have been so impressed in Christian's development there and I know this year will be no different. 'Miss Pat' is the best director you can ever pray for and pours her heart into that school. She has had a hard couple years with the constant "we're moving. Oh, wait we're not moving" stuff going on, but she's a trooper. We love you 'Miss Pat'!! (Incidentally, the plan is once again to hopefully be moving the school sometime this year)
The kids worked on puzzles while waiting for everyone to arrive. Christian has Caitlyn, Anna Kate, Cole and Marshall in his class again. Four out of the five have been together all three years and Cole joined in last year. They all are so sweet and get along pretty well--they are 4 so there have to be some rough days or they wouldn't be normal. There is a total of 13 kids in the class--including a set of TWINS.
Anna Kate and Caitlyn were more than happy to give me a big smile
And this is the brave woman that will teach these crazy kids all year:) Mrs. Fisher has been teaching there for 20+ years and (from all I've heard) is a great teacher. They say she is especially good for boys s o we'll see what she can do for ours:)
As you can see from Christian's red face it is still SO HOT here. The kids played outside for about 30 min to give the parents and teachers a chance to meet and they all came back in looking like this. Miss Pat said this is the first year she can remember having to come up with an alternate plan b/c of heat. She said that they will try to work around it and let the kids play a little without getting too overheated. All playtime will have to be done by 11 to try and get through before it gets unbearable. We need some rain and some relief from this HEAT.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Christy -
You didn't make me feel bad. My "venting" was not just in response to you or to the other Kristi, but to some other comments made at church. I know I was being way too sensitive though, too. It's a weakness of mine. Anyway, it's all good and I appreciate you reading our blog and making comments. I think you are an amazing mother and I envy your energy and creativity!

Anonymous said...

Christian - Casey thinks you have one of the BEST teachers at OC. Casey loved Mrs. Fisher. Hope you have a Wonderful year. Her favorite book is The Little Engine that Could!
Casey Flow