CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Surprise

A couple of weeks ago Jeff told me not to make any plans for Saturday the 25th. I said okay and left it at that. Later he told me we had an 'appointment' at 5:45 and would have to drop the kids off at my parents by 5pm. Just before I got in the shower Saturday afternoon he finally told me where we were going. It was kinda a combination of treat for me and treat for him. We had dinner reservations at The Melting Pot (one of my very FAVORITE places) and then we were going to the Alison Krause (one of his favorites) concert at 8pm. I like bluegrass so don't think I didn't enjoy myself:) We got all dressed up for our KID FREE night, had an amazing dinner and fun at the concert. Below you see a picture of our friends the Shipps. Jeff didn't even know they were going to the concert (to celebrate their anniversary), but our seat were semi close and we were able to see them before the show.
Our seats were on the floor, front and center. The music was great and it was nice to have some time with my hubby. The kids had a great time with KayKay and Tex. I think KayKay would say the good time ended when Baylor decided to wake up at 5:30 this morning!! Mom had the monitor in her room since we knew we'd be pretty late getting in. I'm really hoping she ended up getting a nap this afternoon:) Dad is off to Seattle to celebrate the 100 year anniversary of UPS. Even though he is retired he wanted to be apart of the celebration and is meeting some of his old work friends out there.

3 comments:

jenni said...

I'm glad you guys had fun...what a sweet surprise from your hubby!!!

Laura said...

Yay Jeff! He gets major points for surprising you. Congrats on a kid-free date!

Anonymous said...

Sounds a like a good time! Glad you had fun!