Who knew a trip through the car was could bring a little joy to my day. I had to pick Christian up from school today--usually Aunt Mim's job, but she has Pink Eye...please pray that our kids don't get it--and we had to stop for gas. I told Christian we would get a car wash too and he was excited. As we went through and the wash began so did the smiles. I mean the really BIG, light up your whole face smiles. Christian was clapping and talking about the car getting all wet. When the soap was sprayed, he asked "What's that Mommy?" (one of his favorite questions) and I told him it was the soap. He found that funny and started to giggle. If you've never had the joy of listening to a young child laugh you are missing out...It is so sweet. Baylor made a few of her little grunting sounds to join in and that was the end of our little adventure.
This was a much needed bright spot in our day, because the night was a long one. Christian woke up @ 1:30 and I put him back to bed pretty easily. Baylor woke up a few minutes later and would not settle down til @ 3:30am. She is a very gassy little girl--comes out both ends--and it's worse some nights. Last night was obviously one of the worse ones and if she sticks to "schedule" tonight she'll sleep long. We can handle that until she hopefully follows in Christian's foot steps and begins sleeping through the night @ 2-3 months. We can always dream right?
Thursday, January 26, 2006
The Car Wash
Posted by Christy at 3:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment