CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Lack of Sleep

Here we are one day past her due date and one day before she is 4 weeks old. I can hardly believe all that has happened. Baylor has brought both joy and some hardships to our lives. You forget how sleep deprived you can become and she either sleeps really WELL or really BAD. She didn't settle down til well after 1am last night and was up again at 4:15. Big brother got in on the action around 1:30 and Mommy got all of @ 5 hours total sleep. It is important to note the word TOTAL because none of it was all together. I'm not sure how much sleep Jeff would say he got, but he has the advantage of falling right back to sleep where as it takes me awhile. The longer I lay there the more frustrated I get! That's why I'm doing this instead of taking a nap...I get tired of just laying there. We are also trying out a new formula to see if it agrees with Baylor's little tummy. She can be so gassy and we are trying to alleviate her pain. Dr. Merri is so sweet and plans on working with us until we get this fiqured out. Please pray that it works.

But even in the hardships there is joy. My grandmother came to meet her new Great-granddaughter for the first time this weekend and she was so sweet to watch. Of course she thought she was beautiful and she brought Baylor her first little doll. Baylor will realize it is there eventually. After such a hard night, Mommy had some much needed girl time with all my favorite friends (minus Hailey--we missed you) at the Puffy Muffin. Those not from Nashville don't know what a treat that place is, but trust me--great atmosphere, great food and great friends = one great time. As I write this Jeff is getting some guy time at a Vandy game and KayKay and Tex are doing stuff for their new house. Everyone will be back here later and we'll all oooh and aaah over my sweet children some more.

0 comments: