CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The proud big brother

We could not have asked for a better response from Christian in reaction to Baylor. He came to the hospital the morning after she was born, and immediately expressed his love for her. He came in to see Mommy, and then saw the little bundle in her arms. When he walked in, the conversation went like this:

Christian: "Mommy, what are you doin?"

Christy: "I'm holding your baby sister, Baylor. What are you doing?"

Christian: "I don't know!"

Christy: "Who is this?"

Christian: "Aylor!" - we're still working on the phonics with him. Seems the beginning letter of every word falls off.

He checked out all of the main functional items - eyes, ears, fingers, toes, ears, etc. He only kicked her once, by accident of course.

After a while, he said, "I hold baby." Who could resist that? So he did.





We had been prayerful Christian would adjust well to a new sister, and our prayer seems to have been answered. Of course it is just day three...

Here are some other pictures with Christian and his new sister.

Christian is EXCITED to meet Baylor!

Christian inspected to make sure the ten fingers and toes were all there.

Baylor had a special treat for Christian - James the train!

The proud family

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet!! How wonderful it is to see how God opens our hearts to make room for one more to love.
Sooo happy for you all.

Mary Alice said...

Congrats, you guys! We're thinking of you and want to come see the little beauty once you get all settled in.

Take care of yourselves...I'll be praying for sleep for all of you!

Elizabeth said...

Cute pictures! I hope things continue to go well between big brother and little sister. We love you!

Anonymous said...

Jeff and Christy!
Christian and Baylor!

Congrats, what a great looking family!!! Enjoyed so much seeing all the other photos also (fwd by Sherry). I pray that the Lord will continue to bless you!

We love y'all,

Bob and Sarah