CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 01, 2007

It's official...

My parents are staying at their house for the first time tonight. I'm so happy for them...they've waited a long time for this. They were so excited to have the official word that the house is all theirs--they borrowed our air mattress since movers won't be there until early in the morning. They were really like two kids--it was sweet.

Mom and I have worked on little things this week while we waited. Last minute details to finish up the house--run here and run there kinda things. Tara and Laura were nice enough to watch my daughter over the past couple of days while Christian was in school. That really gave us some time to work. We painted/wall papered a playroom for the kids. It turned out FABULOUS and we just have to fill it with toys, books and assorted kids stuff. We also lined her kitchen cabinents. (when you see the size of her kitchen you'll know this was no easy task)This is something my husband finds very humerous, but it's just something us Mack women do. We line the kitchen and sometimes bathroom drawers and cabinents with shelf liners...it keeps them cleaner and just looks nice. If you think that's weird you can laugh along with my husband:) Anyway...the kids have been great b/c on both of those days I picked them up from their respective places and then they played at KayKay's while we tried to get more work done. I won't say that they were perfect angels, but with the bare minimum to entertain they did well.

Now I'm off to bed-praying my daughter DOES NOT wake up screaming at exactly 12:15 as she has almost every night this week. Is it too early for night terrors? That's about the only thing I can chalk it up too. Oh well, Good Night everyone.

2 comments:

jenni said...

Tell your parents congrats for us..I know they are so ready to be in their house--we'd love to see it some time since we are neighbors now!!! Have fun in the snow tody...yeah snow!!!

Heather said...

I'm a shelf liner, too. So tell Jeff to stuff it!