Is it really too much to ask to go two nights in a row without seeing 4am?!?!? I know I'm the Mommy and it's part of the job description, but really? Does it have to be on an every other night rotation? Last night it was Christian at the side of the bed at 3:45. He wasn't feeling sick he just didn't want to be in his bed anymore. He says he doesn't like the light in his room--his window has a half circle at the top that casts shadows on his wall. We talked about it, prayed about it, got Woody (from Toy Story) to protect him. I guess we will have to try and cover it somehow. Baylor thankfully slept through the night, but if she follows schedule it will be her night tonight!! I have to say my husband is not just snoozing in the other room during all this. He brings in the back up if the said upset child does not calm pretty quickly. Neither one of us is very happy about being up, but at least we are in it together.
Please Lord, let us get a couple of nights of all night sleep. It makes for much more patient parenting.
That is my ranting for the day. Update on all: I have been fine since yesterday morning, Jeff has escaped it all(so far), Christian is holding down some apple sauce, crackers and apple juice--the truth will be told in an hour or so. Needless to say we were unable to give Christian his antibiotic yesterday and I'm a lttle scared to today. We'll see how he keeps down his breakfast and go from there. Baylor is still snoozing at the moment, but will wake soon ready to go. Can we say busy? She is going, going, gone the entire time she is awake. She is getting a little more confident everyday in standing-she has begun cruising along the furniture a little bit. She climbs on everything We have to strap her in her highchair or she'll climb out--walked out of the room for a minute last week and Christian starts screaming about her--she was sitting on top of her tray!! The girl has no fear. She climbs up her little easy chair, onto the arm which makes her tall enough to reach the couch. She then pulls with all her might until she flips herself on top. It's really a funny sight.
Baylor is making some noise and I'm off to make some breakfast. No one at church wants all these germs--Jeff may try to go, but the kids and I are attending mattress springs blvd today:)(Or would that be Couch Potato creek?whatever, you get the picture) If Christian feels up to it we'll read some of his little bible stories--he really likes them. Praise God!!
Sunday, February 11, 2007
Posted by Christy at 7:35 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment