up in the middle of the night!!! (clap, clap, clap) You heard right ladies and gentlemen--after one night of complete sleep The McInturff household was up at 3:30 this morning. The first contestant was young master Christian who has decided he doesn't like the shadows in his room. Daddy talked to him for a little while and he went back to bed pretty easy. What does he win? Something to cover the top part of his window so there will be NO MORE SHADOWS.
Our next contestant was Miss Priss. She had a slight temp and just needed to be loved on a little bit. What does she win? Another ear infection and/or more teeth!! No one really knows...I'm suppossed to see how she does today and if she still has a fever after tonight we all win another trip to the Doctor's office--do they have frequent shopper cards or something? We could be building up to some fabulous prize I'm sure.
The losers in this game are of course Mommy and Daddy. It took forever to go back to sleep--my hubby is a little better at this than I. I think I may have gotten a solid hour or so between 5 and 6:30. Miss Priss has just fallen asleep and now I'm going to try and do the same. It's such a rainy day and that makes for some good napping...usually. Gotta pick contestant #1 up at school later so I better get to it:)
Tuesday, February 13, 2007
Another addition of...
Posted by Christy at 10:47 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Christy,
I feel your pain--it does seem like the kids alternate nights of being up. Luckily, like you, I have a wonderful husband who is willing to help out in the wee hours of the night. Hope it gets better--we have just had two nights of uninterrupted sleep after a week of getting up every night. The girls room has one of those half circle windows too and we found a "fan" shade at home depot. It can be cut to size and has sticky on the bottom to attach it to the window sill. Good luck.
Rebekah
Christy,
You are not alone! Hayden has woken up (in a joyful mood, I might add) around 5 the past 2 nights. He'll eat, then roll around his crib and talk for a while before going back to sleep until almost 9! He started waking up during the night when he was sick a few weeks ago. Last week he slept 12 hours straight for a few nights, but just when I thought we were back to our normal routine, the night waking was back! Good luck, maybe we'll all get to sleep through the night at some point!
Amy
Thanks for the tip Rebekah...we'll be making a trip to Home Depot I guess. I hope to see you Friday at the Duncans:)
oh honey, i feel you. jack has never really been a good sleeper (until the big boy bed) and so we have just adjusted to life without sleep. of course, i just rely on caffeine to get me through.
i was going to give you the same suggestion as rebekah - the fan shade. that sounds like the perfect solution to christian's shadow problem! poor guy. i know it can be scary at night time!
ya'll hang in there. it will get better. and if it doesn't, just swing by my house. there is always fresh coffee in the pot, and i am not kidding. it may not be as good as starbucks, but at least it's hot, it's caffeinated and it's free! =)
Post a Comment