A couple months ago I decided to start buying Christian some workbooks to practice some school stuff at home...he has loved it! We are on our second book now and I think he enjoys the accomplishment of it all. (This totally coincides with a book I've been reading called 'The Highly Sensitive Child'--which if you know my son very well it shouldn't surprise you that we think he is one) Tuesday night he wanted to work on some of it while I cooked dinner and Baylor wanted to feel like she was doing something too. Christian NEVER would have sat at the table for 20 min coloring when he was this age, but Baylor loved every minute of it.
And both children love to play with The Little People Thanksgiving set they got last year. Baylor likes to make the people ride in the horsie cart, but can't figure out why more than one won't fit.
Her she is acting out what she saw brother do the other day: He was trying to make them all hide from something so today she did too. She kept saying "hi, hi", which only a mother could translate as "hide" but I know that is exactly what she was saying.
And she wanted to pose in the chair...she sees me with a camera and knows what to do:)
Thursday, November 08, 2007
This week
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good to see you today! Mom and I had a great time, we'll probably try it again (sans kiddos) next year.
Love how Baylor is posing for the camera!
What workbooks? That sounds like a good idea! Glad he's enjoying it!
~gina
What cute little students you have! It's so neat to see them do "work" when they're little. Hayden won't color for more than a few minutes either. Must be a boy thing!
Post a Comment