I will be the first to admit it. There are few things my husband (and family) say no to. Whether it is something goofy I want to do or something I've just set my heart on doing. They play along and humor me. I decided a year ago that for my 30th birthday (which will be Dec. 8th) it would be really fun to go to Disney World. I have never been this time of year and I have loved all things Disney all my life. I don't do into the depths of knowledge that some people I know do (Scott), but I just have a general appreciation and interest. I did several school projects through the years that involved it and I just enjoy being a kid:) I have only been 3 times in my 30 years but I would go a lot more if I could. This brings me to where I started...my sweet husband and family are taking me very soon!! (Christian doesn't even know it yet) I am so excited I can hardly stand it. I want to introduce my children to all the fun Disney World has in store--mix that with the Christmas season and you just about blow my mind. I know some people would rather jump off a steep cliff than go to Disney, but I love it. The best thing anyone can take away from a trip like this is memories and pictures help refresh those whenever you look back. I started asking for a new camera several months ago and tonight my hubby, parents and sister delivered the whole kit and caboodle. I am now the proud owner of a Canon Rebel XT!!! Now I just have to learn how to use it before our trip. (Call me Mary Alice) Although I am super excited, I kinda feel like a kid on Christmas morning that gets a really cool toy, but can't use it b/c Santa forgot the batteries. I have to charge this one until it's full so I can really play/learn:( My kids will get even sicker of seeing a camera in their faces while I practice!
My newest toy...I will gladly take all tips from all you savvy photographers out there
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
I'm spoiled
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'm jealous! You guys will have such a great time. I'm sure it will be beautiful at Christmas time!
We're planning to take Hayden next September. Michael's never been, so he's really excited, too. I look forward to hearing about your trip!
Christy and Jeff, congrats on the trip to Disney World. Hope y'all have fun. (Happy Anniversary, btw)
Canon XT - oooooo, shiny. Sarah and I bought one back in February. We had taken 10,000 photos since then. You will enjoy yours also.
OOH, I love my Canon Rebel XT! My favorite setting is the portrait setting. Mary Alice is the expert at messing with the color, etc. once you get the pictures downloaded to your computer. Hope you have a wonderful birthday. We should do a girls' night to celebrate... you only turn 30 once! Have fun at Disney
YYAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!! I had lots of fun acting as co-conspirator with your sweet hubby! I am so happy for you and know that you will love your new toy.
As for being the expert as Darci said - I don't know about that. I just really love playing around with color and stuff. I am hoping for PhotoShop soon.....You can feel free to co-conspire with my hubby on that if you like!!
See you in Orlando! ;)
Congrats Christy!
I know you'll enjoy it!
Post a Comment