CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

100 things about me


Several of my friends have done this lately and I'm going to attempt to do the same. I enjoyed getting to know things about my friends and I hope you do to:)




  1. My birthday is December 8--I'll be 30!!

  2. I want to go to Disney World to celebrate

  3. I'm a Sagittarius ( but I don't really get into the whole sign thing)

  4. When I was growing up I did some modeling. It never amounted to much but I enjoyed it

  5. I was a fish growing up and I want my kids to enjoy swimming as much as I did

  6. I was a Junior Lifeguard, but never made it through the rest because we moved

  7. I always hated moving, but made new friends in every new place.

  8. 5th grade was the worst year of my life--I cried everyday after school

  9. That's why my mom is one of my best friends

  10. I love being a mom.

  11. Some days I don't like being a mom

  12. I still wouldn't trade Christian and Baylor for anything

  13. June 9, 2003 and January 8, 2006 were two very happy days

  14. I lose my temper really easily sometimes

  15. I can be somewhat of a perfectionist on certain things (hence # 7)

  16. On others I could care less

  17. My sister is one of my best friends even though there is 7 years between us

  18. I love my new brother-in-law and admire all he has done and will do in the future

  19. My parents are the greatest

  20. I'm so glad they moved here. I never lived nearby grandparents and I am so thankful that my kids can go to my parents house anytime they want and that Nana and Papa are only 30-45min away

  21. My dad isn't perfect, but he admits his mistakes and that makes me proud

  22. My husband is the same way and I am so proud to be his wife

  23. I used to wear glasses and some people would get my mom and I confused

  24. I met Jeff before my senior year of high school

  25. I thought he wasn't that good looking (I didn't like whatever he was doing with his hair)

  26. I'm very thankful that God brought Jeff to Atlanta a year later

  27. And that after begging him for two weeks he finally said yes to a date

  28. He proposed to me on the steps of Burton Bible on the DLU Campus and I was so excited

  29. November 20, 1999 was one of the happiest days of my life

  30. I did not cry at my own wedding, but I usually cry at every other one I attend

  31. I love when Jeff sings to me (like at our wedding)

  32. One of my ex-boyfriends was a groomsman in my wedding (Jeff and he became friends after we dated)

  33. My husband spoils me

  34. I still like to crawl up in my daddy's lap--he makes me feel safe

  35. I love that Baylor does the same with Jeff

  36. I like it when my mom scratches my back

  37. I enjoy getting massages--I would do it monthly if possible

  38. I don't like wearing make-up

  39. I feel like I'm getting to an age where I need to

  40. I love to take pictures

  41. That's why I want a really nice camera someday

  42. but then I'll have to learn how to use it and I think that could be frustrating

  43. I love having pictures of family and friends ALL OVER the house

  44. I enjoy making scrapbooks

  45. I am way behind and wish I had a few weekends to my self to catch up

  46. but that would mean not doing stuff with people--I love doing stuff with my friends/family

  47. I have always enjoyed being with people

  48. Unlike some personalities, I am able to feel close to several friends

  49. I love having lots of friends

  50. I feel shy in new situations and like my comfort zone

  51. Unlike some people, I like my in-laws (we get along and they are so in love with their grandkids--what's not to like)

  52. I got my first perm in the 3rd grade--I always wanted curly hair

  53. My hair turned naturally curly after my first pregnancy

  54. My hair was blond until Kindergarten

  55. Now I put blond highlights in my hair to lighten it up

  56. Bon Jovi is one of my all time favorite bands. I've been to two of their concerts (one with my dad and one with my husband)

  57. You wouldn't know it by my radio dial--it is tuned to WAY-FM almost all the time

  58. I used to love New Kids on the Block and N'SYNC

  59. I have lived in three different states--this is my second time in Tennessee

  60. I attended 9 different schools from Pre-school to College

  61. I spent 96 days living in Austria and touring Europe

  62. Prague and Florence were my favorite cities

  63. I enjoyed it, but was VERY homesick

  64. I want to take Jeff there someday

  65. My dream for our ten year anniversary is to go to Hawaii (my parents took my sister and I for their 25th--I told you they were the greatest)

  66. I love history

  67. Abe Lincoln is my all time favorite president--my grandmother lives 20 minutes from his birthplace)

  68. I love to read

  69. I read Gone with The Wind in one week one summer

  70. I've watched the movie at the Fox Theater in Atlanta where it originally premiered

  71. I'm addicted to blogging--I sometimes check them several times a day to see anything new

  72. I enjoy shopping

  73. Even though it is a lot of work I also enjoy consigning my kids clothes. I feel like I'm getting such a good deal when I find something hardly used

  74. I probably let Christian watch way too much TV, but how else would I have the time to write 100 things about myself while his sister is sleeping?

  75. I hate potty training and I have one who hasn't even started yet

  76. I always liked school (except for #8)

  77. I've never played a musical instrument--I was always in the chorus

  78. I loved that my mom usually let me pick one day a year to play hooky:)

  79. I've never broken a bone, but did everything but that to my ankle

  80. I have been in two bad car accidents--neither of which were my fault

  81. I always wanted a Ford Explorer

  82. I'm kinda want a new car to fit the kids and any friends

  83. I hate mini-vans. If you like them that's okay I just personally do not want to drive one

  84. I enjoy going on vacation. Beach, mountains, cruise, city, wherever!!

  85. Church was an important part of my life growing up and still is today

  86. I love going to Otter Creek and I love that my kids have already made some great friends there

  87. I was baptized at the age of 9, but feel the need to recommit almost daily

  88. I wish I was more disciplined about prayer/bible time

  89. I enjoy doing things with my kids, especially what they really like. I have liked going to 3 "Day out with Thomas" and will enjoy going to whatever Baylor is into someday

  90. I pray that when my children grow-up they do not look like some of the kids I see in the mall

  91. I also pray that they grow into happy, healthy, christian adults and have wonderful families of their own

  92. I was a very nervous pregnant woman and made my families life hard during those times.

  93. I sometimes think I want to adopt a child someday, but it scares me to take on that challenge

  94. I hate when my children are hurt or sad

  95. I do not like to exercise--wish I did but just don't

  96. Some of my favorite desserts are cheesecake, yellow cake with chocolate icing and Molten Chocolate cake from Chili's

  97. I love Mexican food

  98. and do not enjoy cooking. I don't do it enough and we eat out WAY too much--I'm trying to be better about that

  99. I am letting my child cry in her bed while trying to come up with these last few

  100. I'm sure there is stuff I left off, but can't think anymore!!!

6 comments:

jenni said...

i'm so glad you did this....i love finding out little things that i might not ever have known! hey, how much does your house cleaner charge??!!!

Bob said...

40 - You do a great job with the one you have now, love seeing Christian and Baylor as they grow.
41 - Canon ESO D350 - Rebel XT
42 - In the full program mode, it is as simple as a any Point and Shootcamera OR you can get creative with the many features.

58 - Aggggggggggh...

jenni said...

ok, miss owl creek...we just read about you in the brentwood journal...

Heather said...

Loved reading about you, missy! We need to go out for mexican -- also my favorite! Oh, and my husband has a man-crush on Abe Lincoln. You two should get together sometime and talk about how great he is! ;o)

Elizabeth said...

I love learning new things about friends! Glad you did this. I'm trying to muster up the energy to tackle this post on my blog. I don't know if I can think of 100 things.

The Daniels said...

I cried at your wedding, who couldn't remember my wailing? Who knew your hair got naturally curly while you were pregnant? I would love to go to Disney too!