So it has taken me a week to get back on here...my reunion was kind of a joke. I am glad I went because now I know what it was like and don't have to wonder, but nothing much changed. Jeff didn't know the people, but could go @ the room and "label" the jocks, cool people, etc. The smae groups that hung out ten years ago hung out there. I talked to a few people and most everyone I saw smiled and asked how I was doing, but for the most part Jeff and I just hung out. Most of the people I did hang out with just didn't show up and I did some self analyzing while I was there. In high school I did not fit into one crown inparticular--I did a lot of stuff with a lot of different groups over my 4 years and didn't stay in one group. With over 500 in my class it wasn't hard to find new people to hang out with. I didn't play a sport, I wasn't a cheerleader or in the band. I did A LOT with my youth group--so I didn't have many people to catch up with at the reunion. Plus I was the strange one being married for almost 7 years and having two kids. Most were still single, just engaged or only married a year or two. The quote of the night was "D--n girl, you look good for having two kids!" That made me feel good and of course I loved showing off my cute hubbie!! All in all I feel like my life is really established and I like it that way. I like my hubbie, children, church and home. I'm proud of where I am 10 years later.
Monday, August 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Hey Christy, Just wanted to let you know I check out your BLOG often! I need to leave comments more often, though :-) I can't believe we've been out of high school for 10 years! My reunion is coming up in September, but we won't make it b/c were heading to Destin for a late vacation this year. Hopefully Hayden will enjoy it since he'll be close to 5 months. Anyway, it was interesting to hear how your reunion was . . . can't say I miss high school at all! Take care and I'll talk to you later!
Amy
Post a Comment