I guess it's official that Baylor is a girl
I know you are saying that should be no surprise, but I was surprised this Monday when she suddenly spiked a fever and pointed to her bottom screaming when she peepeed.
She fell asleep on the couch for about 45min at 10:30am...that was my first clue that something wasn't right. I took her temp when she woke up and it was 104' and then the screaming started. She was pointing to her bottom and I thought she probably had some diareha, but it was just warm from where she had recently gone pee. I asked her if it hurt and she said (in her most pittiful voice) "YEAH"
After talking with the nurse, we decided she needed to be seen and that they would need a urine sample NOT AN EASY TASK from an un-potty trained two year old. The nurse suggested that I place saran wrap under the seat and catch it that way. We sat on the potty for TWO hours: reading, singing and sleeping {you read that correctly}. Baylor fell asleep on the potty resting her head on me who was sitting on a small stool in front of her for about 20min:) AND finally the smallest amount of liquid gold was there. We rushed it to the office (she fell asleep again on the way) and they tested it to find that she most definitely had a severe UTI. They said the quickest way to get her better would be an antibiotic shot:( Oh how she screamed!!! We had to wait around the office for 20 min after to make sure she didn't have a reaction. All told we left the doctor an hour and half after we entered. We finally were able to get back to KayKays house (she feel asllep on the way there too) to pick up brother...they had graciously taken him to Karate and brought him home after.
We went back to the doctor this morning to get an oral antibiotic that we will take twice a day for seven days: It took 4 attempts of gagging & spitting to get the first dose in her so we'll see how the rest of the week goes. It finally went down with brother holding her hand and an M&M being popped in as soon as she swallowed. Just rereading this has made me tired so you are a trooper if you read this far...I hope my girl is better soon
We have to eventually go to Vandy for some tests to make sure there are no serious issues with her kidneys/bladder
Tuesday, April 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Poor baby! I hope she feels better soon!!!
i guess im a trooper! i dont know why i read it, i was on the phone with you every step of the way! :) i guess i just dont want to miss anything! :) love you- hope the meds get a bit better! *MIM*
Oh poor thing! I hope she feels better!
i hope she gets to feeling better quickly!
Christy
Lily had a severe UTI when she was 1 and we had to get all the shots, nasty antibiotics, etc. I FEEL your pain. Lily even had to go to children's hospital to determine that she had kidney reflux and she is now on daily antiobiotics and has been for the last 2 years. She is just fine now and we survived. I know that you will too even though this time is stressful. I'll be thinking of you and your family. God Bless!
Post a Comment