I had several things from this week to post so I decided to put them together. Today was Teddy Bear Day in Christian's class. Last week they all made these cute T-Shirts and than wore them today. Each child was supposed to bring a Teddy Bear to be there friend for the day. They had a picnic together and each bear was given an award. Christian's bear won the most floppy award b/c the legs and arms were pretty loose. Aren't Christian and Caitlyn so cute?
On Wednesday we went to the zoo with Lila, Ruby and Sherisse. It was a member morning so we could go in an hour before the general public. We were able to ride the carousel for FREE:) The big kids loved it, Ruby was a little indifferent and Baylor held on to me for dear life!! She would not let me put her on one of the animals so I got on with her. She sat facing me gripping my arms like I might slip away if she didn't hold on tight enough. One time she said "weee" and I asked her if this was fun...she promptly responded with a very spirited "NO".
Lila and Christian have been good little friends ever since she was born (he's a year older). And now we are hoping Ruby and Baylor will be the same way. We all had a great time except for a very frightful 5 minutes when I could not find Christian anywhere. He wondered off to find Lila in the bathroom while I was changing Baylor's diaper. I surprisingly kept cool while I searched around. The man I scared in the boys restroom might not agree, I even had to start asking people if they had seen a little boy go this way or that. My heart leapt into my throat when I see Christian come around the corner with Lila and Sherisse a few minutes later. (He had been given the chance to go with them and he said he didn't need to!) I got onto him in my most 'try not to sound as mad/scared as you really are' voice and he said he just wanted to find his friend. Later on before bedtime we talked about it again and he claims they he told me in his head...I told him to make sure he uses his mouth next time he wants to go someplace different!! I couldn't sleep well last night for all the visions of losing him running through my head.
Here is Baylor in her cute tutu outfit that I promised. She prances around and says "rettee, rettee" (which means pretty). She thinks she's pretty hot stuff when she wears it:)
And lastly, but really first...on Sunday evening most of our cul-de-sac (some people were sick, Jeff was doing school work, etc) went to Las Palmas for dinner together. All the BIG kids rode together in one car and I had to get a picture. It wasn't really planned, but after all the kids played in the rain (some adults too) we all decided to move the fun on down the street. People in the restaurant were trying to figure out how we all went together and one couple finally asked. When we explained how we were all neighbors they said that they wanted to move near us...we've nicknamed ourselves the cul-de-sac of fun. We really are blessed that we all get along so well and that there are so many kids to play with. The ages range from 20 months to 9 years and there is a good boy/girl mix so nobody gets left out.
Thursday, September 13, 2007
The week in review
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow, I bet that was scary when Christian wondered off! Glad you found him quickly! I love Baylor in her "rettee" dress. How girly!
What a sassy girl--thanks for working so hard to get this picture!
Goodness, how did they get so big?
Too cute! Glad they have had such a good week!
Post a Comment