Getting a tattoo--check out that smile


Christian and Percy
If you currently have or have had a little boy in the past 10 years you know that is the beginning to the Thomas theme. This and other train related things have been important in our house over the past couple of years. Christian LOVES trains. We have taken him to "Day out with Thomas" in Nashville the past two years, but it just isn't in the best part of town (the scenery leaves plenty to be desired). So we decided to change it up this year and went to Chattanooga instead. We left Baylor home with KayKay, Tex and Mim (Thanks guys) and took off just the three of us. I felt like we all needed some quality time together and she could have cared less about seeing Thomas anyway. WE HAD A BLAST!! Partly because for once we weren't so harried trying to get there and "fitting" it into our schedule--this event was our schedule. The Nashville one is usually in late August so the weather was much more enjoyable too. Having only Christian with us we could totally focus on him and what he wanted out of the experience. I just loved it. The camera only begins to show you the joy I saw in my child this weekend. He loved everything he saw and loved every minute of having us all to himself. (don't worry Baylor, we still missed you) The depot still has a working train that we were able to watch and some old cars you could see. TONS of Thomas activities, Sir Topham Hat to meet AND of course our 25 minute train ride pulled by the little blue engine himself!! Christian worked up a thirst with all that fun so Daddy treated him to a red slush puppie and some popcorn...to say my little boy was in his version of heaven is an understatement.
I loved seeing him smile and doing what he loved. I know now why some parents spend thousands of dollars on different activities just to see that smile. I am so happy we were able to give this weekend to him and ourselves. It is so easy to get wrapped up in life and not enjoy it. I want to enjoy my children while they are little because I KNOW they will grow up so fast. I can still see Christian taking his first steps and now he is growing into my big boy. Baylor you are so close to running after him. As mim says "I just can't stand it"
Sunday, April 29, 2007
Thomas the Tank Engine rolling along...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We missed you at the birthday party, but I am SO GLAD you guys had such a wonderful time!!!
Looks like you guys had a blast. Don't worry, Baylor was having fun too. We saw the rest of your family at Martin's! :-)
Christy
I'm glad that you and Jeff had some time just with Christian and as for Baylor and the tubes, Lily just got them in December and we were worried about her being put to sleep but it was so quick and she did very well with it. She is such a happier child now that she's not so sick and fussy and you WILL be a happier mom. Trust me!
Love ya
Post a Comment