CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 16, 2007

Mr. Independent

I awoke to the sound of a toilet flushing...this is weird only because I knew Jeff had already left the house and I was in bed, so who would be flushing a toilet? I rolled back over sure I was imagining things. A few minutes later I get my typical "Good Morning, Mommy" at the side of my bed from Christian--I rolled over and hugged him than gave him my typical "go take off your diaper and go pee-pee" Side Note: We are just conquering this whole potty thing during the day and haven't worried about night time so much. He still wears a diaper only to sleep, but we had two dry nights last week, so we may be on our way. With the biggest smile on his face he responded with "I already went in the animal potty" (the kids bathroom down the hall has a jungle theme). He was fully clothed so I had to ask if he was wearing any underwear which he proudly responded "YES, I AM". This is the first morning he has ever done it all by himself before even coming to our room. I am so proud of my big boy!! He will be four in a few short months and so much is changing--for the good. My friend Mary Ann told me that shortly before her daughter turned four so many things began to 'click'. Things that they had been working on forever that she just thought would never happen began to work--I could only dream the same would be true for us. It's only one morning, but you have to start somewhere right?!?!

1 comments:

jenni said...

Yeah, Christian! Jake also has been using the potty before he comes to our room in the morning--maybe he & Christian had a meeting on the playground this week and decided it's time to conquer this potty training stuff!!! I also hope things will "click"-it would make our days less stressful!!