Todays topic: your favorite thing about being a mommy...that's a tough one b/c there are LOTS of good things about being a mommy. Since I have two kids I have one favorite thing with each of them. My favorite thing to do with Christian is snuggle. I've posted before about our long time history with snuggling and there is just nothing better--except when he looks at you dead in the eye and says "I love you, Mommy"--melts your heart:) My favorite thing with Baylor is feeling those pudgy little arms wrapped around me in a hug--this is a new thing with her and I love it--she'll lean in for a kiss too which is fun.
I love hearing Christian talk about what he learned at church and school. Hearing little ones talk about God is so AWESOME. I love the little shy smile Baylor does when she is playing shy. Like my friend Sarah (the one who got me started with this favorite friday thing) said, I love that I'm the only mommy these kids have--sometimes there is no one else that will do but me and that fills my heart with joy. It gets a little crazy when BOTH decide I'm the only one who can help at the moment, but even in the frustration I wouldn't trade being "Mommy" for anything. These kids have taught me so much about love and I hope I can do the same for them over the years.
Friday, March 30, 2007
Favorite Fridays
Posted by Christy at 1:22 PM
Labels: Favorite Fridays
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
My favorite thing with Jake is that he still twirls my hair-he's been doing it since he was 4 months old and he's also a great snuggler. My favorite thing with Evan is when he puts his face to my face and makes a sweet humming noise-something he's also done as a baby. Just a couple of the many things I love as their Mommy!!
There are so many wonderful things about being a mommy, it's hard to name them all! One of the things I love is when Hayden crawls to find me while saying "Mama." I also love walking in his room to get him in the morning and seeing how his face lights up with a big smile!
Post a Comment