The past couple of days have been frustrating ones. Baylor is sick AGAIN with yet one more ear infection...that's three in a matter of a month or so. Now we'll have to watch closer to see if all the fluid disappears in between the infections or does some stick around. That makes her more fussy and irritable--that part seems to be catching. Christian and I have both been more irritable too. Monday morning everything I did was wrong...he didn't like what I made for breakfast or what I picked out for him to wear. I was trying to get us all up & going to go to the Y and they just weren't cooperating. Now going to the Y is not at the top of my list of fun things to do. I won't call it a resolution, but I'm trying to go at least twice a week (sometimes three if my hubby decides to go on a Sat.) until June when I have to look good in a strapless dress for my sisters wedding. Anyway...I didn't do a lot of getting stuff together the night before b/c I wasn't sure how Baylor would be--she seemed ok (not great, but ok) so off we went. I did the dreaded workout (saw a few friends there too) and was on my way to the shower when I saw my girl bawling in the nursery...that meant no shower--futher irritation--an early lunch was had by all and straight to bed FOR ALL. I just wanted to start the day over. After about two hours Christian wakes me up by screaming from inside his room "Mommy, Mommy come here". I stumble out of bed and rush to his aide..."my sock fell off Mommy" More frustration!! I told him he did not scream like that unless he was hurt, Baylor was hurt or something just reallly bad was happening. I made him stay in his room for another 30min and tried to block out his occassional calls to get out. After some snuggling in bed (I just wasn't ready to get up when he screamed about his sock) I let him out and turned on PBS (our only cartoons since we only have basic cable) and got in the shower. Baylor had blissfully slept through all of this and seemed in good spirits by the time she did wake up. We all loaded up in the car to go to Kroger and all seemed well until I had a half full grocery cart and realized my wallet was in the car--more frustration!!! Leave the cart, haul the kids out to the car and get the wallet (A bright side was Christian did alert me to the fact he needed to Potty--that's still a struggle--and we made it safe and dry) When we got home Baylor made it up the stairs (ALL THE WAY UP) twice in the 8 min it took me to put away the groceries--she is fast. So all of us got back in the car and went to Babies-R-Us to buy another gate for the stairs (We've had trouble finding one that works). Christian whined the whole time and this led to more frustration...after dinner it was all early to bed and Mommy was able to watch 24...I thought that was the end to day 1.
Baylor was up and down during the night and my poor husband came to the resuce b/c I had taken 2 Tylenol PM's to help my back that I had over worked at the Y that morning. I tried to help around 5:15 when most of the drug induced sleepiness had worn off...I only made it worse and we were all up by 6. I called my good friend MaryAnn and asked her to take Christian to school (My wonderful hubby took him to her house) and off Baylor and I went to the doctor. That's when we were told we had the third ear infection and given ANOTHER round of icky antibiotics (good for infection, but bad for Baylor's tastebuds). We had to leave there pantless b/c Baylor had a major out the diaper all over her pants blow-out and I didn't have any extra pants!! After the Dr. we had to come back home and pick up dinner (that I had prepared the night before) for our friends the Shipps and made our way out to their house. Baylor fell asleep and I thought she'd sleep a long time, but woke up just as we got to the Shipps. Poor things had to listen to her cry and got me some motrin to make her feel better...I was suppossed to help them not the other way around. Baylor seemed to be better and I really wanted to treat myself to some time at Opry Mills (the Shipps live almost next door to it). She really did great and we had some girly shopping time. Time got away from me and I had to ask MaryAnn to pick Christian up from school (I could have made it just kinda late). We decided to meet in the Target parking lot, b/c she had promised Caitlyn something special since she had gotten all her stickers. Little did I know that would begin to turn my day around for the worse...Christian threw a FIT to go in the "circle store" with his friends. Baylor was asleep in the car so SWEET MaryAnn hauls four kids (her two, Christian and Carter) into the store. She imerged ten minutes later looking no worse for ware, but I felt bad. Christian than threw another fit b/c I was taking him away from his friends!! I had to pick him up kicking and screaming. I told him he had to calm down before getting in the car so he wouldn't wake up his sister...it didn't work. I had to listen to both of them cry off and on the whole way home. We tried to calm down and they both seemed to be playing well in the toy room so I decided to try and tackle installing the gate I had bought the night before. BAD MISTAKE to try something you think should be simple when you're on the verge of frustration. I couldn't get it to work and the kids started to fall apart again. After the 2 1/2 hours of off and on screaming (some by me) I couldn't take it anymore! I put both of them in their rooms and went to the front porch so I wouldn't have to listen to the cries. I called Jeff and he came home (have I mentioned I have the best husband EVER?!?!) He cooked dinner and helped me put them to bed. He and I had some much needed "no kids around so we can talk and snuggle" time together. Both kids slept well and today is a brand new day.
I love my kids and I wouldn't trade this time with them for anyting. If you have read this far bless you for being willing to listen to my frustrations. Christian and I had a great time this morning before Baylor woke up. I'll try to post our conversation later.
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Frustrations
Posted by Christy at 9:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am so happy to hear that I am not the only "frustrated, at the end of my rope, praying "God help me" every few seconds" mother. I just called Josh and put in my two weeks notice :) Brax has also been sick and screams to be picked up every time his little feet hit the floor. I am getting very good at doing everything with one hand. Now I've ranted... At least I'm not alone :) Thank you for sharing and making me feel better about my frustrations! Love you!
Sending hugs your way (and to Darci).
Thanks girls:)
Post a Comment