CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

"My mouth hurts mommy"

That was the first words uttered by my sweet little boy this morning. I asked if it was his throat (and pointed) and he said yes. Trusty Dr. Dad whipped out the flashlight and confirmed that his throat was red/swollen. He felt a little warm so I called the doctor just to see what I should watch for. They said strep is going around so it was a trip to Dr. Merri for us this morning. The quick test came back negative, but they'll send it off to a lab for further analysis. Tylenol/Motrin is all they could suggest with plenty of fluids and rest. Mim came home with plenty of popsicles for her fav boy.

He is just so gosh darn pitiful! He won't talk above a whisper and try as I might I could not get him to eat lunch. No lip about a nap either--just a "okay, mommy" (in his little whisper voice). One book and he was out. A typical nap time is full of "I don't want to sleep" and "one more book", but today he just went to sleep and has been there for the past 3 1/2 hours. I guess I'll wake him up eventually.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh, Christy, I hope he's okay!!

Mary Alice said...

poor baby! oh, i hope for all your sake's that it's not strep.

i hope he feels better soon!