CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Mommy, Where's God?

On the way home from dinner last night Christian pondered where is God. This is a hard concept for many adults so I wasn't sure where to begin. I answered "in heaven" which of course lead to "where's heaven, mommy?". Going with what I learned as a child I told him it was in the sky. He looked out his window and said "I can't see it mommy--I can't see Jesus. Than we told him "Jesus lives in your heart too." "My heart? I don't feel him mommy" I told him everytime he's scared and then feels better God is there--everytime he feels safe and happy God is there. Everytime he is sad he can feel Jesus in his heart and the hurt can be made better. Christian seemed to understand that better and proceeded to list off everyone he could think of and ask if Jesus was in their heart. For example: "Jesus in your heart Mommy?, Jesus in your heart Daddy"...

To be able to have the simple faith of a child again would be amazing. To just know God was there to make things better--as adults we know that, but it can be the hardest thing to remember. I have personally been reminded of his awesome power and love lately...I hope you can take a minute to rejoice and praise God for the little blessings in your life. It's amazing what a three year old can teach you sometimes!

1 comments:

LiamsAuntLulu said...

I love kids!!! It was good to see you Friday? or was it Saturday?...Friday...it was Friday. Well, I broke down and started my blogspot. It's liamsauntlulu.blogspot.com. It's not very exciting yet, but you can officially add it to your list of blogs to read.