Friday was a BAD DAY!! It never fails that when I get a break the next day is the worst. Thursday evening my sister and I went to dinner and got our nails done(that is my biggest vanity thing I like to do). We had a great time and I was lovin' life. Then Friday hit...Christian was under my feet ALL DAY and would not let me get anything done. His favorite questions these days are: "Mommy, what you doin'? and Mommy, what you got?" After hearing that for the twentieth time and having him underfoot "helping" me vaccum, I was about to lose it. Baylor was fussy b/c she is still stuffy and just not her happy self. I was trying to do laudry and clean two levels of our three level home. On one hand I thank God for providing such bleesings, but on the other hand they can be pains. I was frustrated and literally crying out to God for patience. I finally got Christian down at 2pm and was able to eat lunch at 2:30--had both kids down at @ 3:30 or 4. Any rest for the weary? No, that was when Iwas finally able to get a few things done in peace. Needless to say, Jeff had recieved an earful that afternoon on the phone and was prepared to wisk me away to an exciting family night at the mall. It really was the best part of my day and we all were able to regroup a little bit. I feel like Satan comes after me when I feel energized from a little "me time"...it's like he says "you think you can handle this? well let me make it a little harder on you!" I felt like I was at the end of my rope, but the Lord provided some peace(as always) and came to the rescue(as always) through my sweet wonderful husband.
Now it is Sunday night. My parents are here for the night checking up on their house and we all shared a yummy dinner compliments of Jeff's grilling and a few sides I prepared(with a little help from PUBLIX). All my friends are laughing b/c they think I can't cook anything on my own, but I just choose to make it easier by using what others prepare for me:) We had a wonderful, but busy weekend catching up with old friends at a wedding and had dinner with Nana, Papa and Uncle Jeremy on Saturday night. Our kids will be even more spoiled once both grandparents are within a 30 mile radius.
My sweet boy wants to say Night Night so I have to go.
Sunday, May 28, 2006
So you had a bad day
Posted by Christy at 8:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Christy, sorry about the bad day. Props to Jeff for the family night out. Yes, I was laughing at the "with a little help from PUBLIX" comment. You don't give yourself enough credit. And, there is absolutely nothing wrong with getting a little help when needed! Good for you!
Post a Comment