We now interrupt the Disney post for this important news bulletin:
It's my 30th birthday!! Those of you who didn't already know that is the whole reason we went to Disney when we did. Today I spent half my day doing something with my kids and church family...it was breakfast with Santa at Otter Creek (pics to come later). We had fun, but getting there always seems to be a challenge. 1st off I just need to stop volunteering to bring food. It never is done on time and it just stresses me out. I tried so hard not to this year and I still offered at the last minute. Key word there is I OFFERED...it's hard to stop myself. 2nd I need to take a chill pill and relax when it comes to my kids. I want everything to be just so and that just SO DOES NOT HAPPEN with children. I should be getting used to that now b/c I am 4 and a 1/2 years into this parenting thing, but the last minute hang ups still get to me. Christian was being his not so sunny self this morning and we were already late so I just got mad. I readily admit I probably over reacted, but that's just what I do at times like that. Jeff says I can make a choice to react otherwise...I'm trying.
The rest of my day was spent with my husband while the kids were with KayKay and Tex. I started my day off badly and it was gloomy outside...I let it affect my mood and I'm sorry to say I was pretty difficult, but he loves me anyway. We had a late lunch and tried to finish some last minute shopping. We are dying to go see National Treasure 2, but it is taking forever to come out. We'll have to save it for another date time.
So Happy Birthday to me...I may not have let this day be as special as it could have been, but I had the best birthday week EVER while we were at Disney. More pics and stories to come.
3 comments:
Happy Birthday! I didn't realize today was the big day when I say you this morning. Glad you are entering your thirties with me.
welcome to the club-we've been waiting for you...happy b-day!!
Happy Birthday!!!! And, welcome home!
~gina
Post a Comment