We have had a great Christmas even if our children have been snotty-nosed the entire week. We had Christmas Eve breakfast with Nana, Papa and Uncle Jeremy. Nana made Mommy and Christian matching aprons--Baylor got a matching bib. We all went to church together then it was on to KY. The kids did well in the car even though Baylor was awake off and on. We went straight to Southeast Christian Church in Louisville (which I described to Christian as the BIGGEST church I've ever seen) for Christmas Eve service. It has been a tradition to go there with Travis' family (Kim's fiance) and to dinner afterwards for the past four years. We really enjoy it and hope to find a good service in Nashville to attend once my parents move and we won't be coming to KY anymore.
Christian was so much fun to watch this year. His reactions were priceless. Such as "I knew I would get this for Christmas" and "I wanted this Mommy, I really wanted this" Baylor was also fun to watch. She was of course more intrested in boxes, paper and bows than what was actually inside. A sentimental memory from the day was Baylor was wearing the same nightgown I wore when I was about her age at my 2nd Christmas. Christan was most excited over his Jack-in-the-box and roller skates that Santa brought. There is nothing like watching the pure joy on a child's face. Like brother, Baylor got her own little easy chair for her big first christmas present. The day after Christmas was spent at Mam-ma's house to have some time with my mom's side of the family. We always have some good laughs--especially from Uncle Willie and cousin Ryan. They are funny mostly because they don't even realize it. We will post some pics in the next few days.
Now it is on to the Melting Pot (w/o kids!!!) to have my very belated birthday dinner with my family:) Yum Yum!!!
Thursday, December 28, 2006
Christmas 2006
Posted by Christy at 3:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Ooohhhh...Melting Pot, YUM! Glad you had a great Christmas!
Post a Comment