CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Cute Conversation

Background: Christian has been fixated on going back to "his condo" and the beach. We've had several different conversations about it over the past couple weeks.

Christian and I had the following conversation in the car the other day on the way to swim at the YMCA:

Christian: "Mommy, I want to go to my condo"

Me: "I wish we could, but we can't right now"

Christian: "I want to swim at my condo"

Me: "I know, but we get to swim at theY--we can't go to the beach right now"

Christian: "We need money?" (we told him a couple weeks ago that Daddy needed to make some more money before we could go back to the beach)

Me: "Yes, Daddy has to work some more and make more $$" (I went on to explain that we have spent lots of our money on bunk beds, couches and other new stuff for the house)

Christian: "Oh" (followed by a minute or so of silence) "Mommy, where's my money?"

Me: "In your fire truck bank at home"

Christian: "Can we use my money and go to beach?"

Me: "That's really sweet honey, but no you don't have enough money for us to go to the beach"

By this time we had reached the YMCA and the conversation dropped--but I couldn't believe that a 3 year old would think of using his $$ to go somewhere like that. I am constantly amazed at what comes out of his little mouth!!

BAYLOR on the other hand is just getting to where she is making sounds--she saves her best laughs for daddy and big brother:) She has also begun solid foods. We've made our way through carrots and sweet potatoes. Next comes squash and the green veggies. We've gone through all this to get to fruits so we can mix our cereal with it--She does not like cereal!! We're hoping the fruit will make her want to eat it.

0 comments: