We have all had a few very rough days (and nights). They all start to run into each other when you don't get much sleep. Before last night Jeff and I each had gotten about 3 hrs a night...that is combined sleep not all at once. Days were not much better b/c Baylor just can't seem to get comfortable. Congestion seems to be getting better, but the cough really irritates her. We can't do anything for her except "supportive care" as the dr. called it, which basically means hold her and feed her what you can. She went through a period yesterday of only taking 2oz at at time which was a little scary to me, but now we are at 3oz and that makes me feel a little better. Her normal intake was about 41/2 every 3 hrs. We should see some more improvement, but it is hard to see her in suchmisery. She could hold onto the cough for at least two weeks, but we are praying it at least settles down to an occassional thing instead of all day. Now to the best husband part: You all know how hard Jeff works and it is even more this time of the year. He got home @ 9pm and I went straight to bed. I asked him to take her for a couple of hours and then wake me up. I told him he would have to wake me b/c I had taken a Tylenol PM. My back, hip, head and just about everything was hurting. I just wanted a few hours of good sleep. My sweet husband gave me the whole night! I heard a little bit at the beginng of the night, but otherwise was dead to the world until Christian( who has been a trooper) came in at 6:45am. Jeff was already gone to start his day on a third night of very little sleep. Please pray that he is able to function at work and that he can have the same good nights sleep tonight.
Wednesday, March 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Jeff, thank you from a wife/mommy who has been there. You are such a caring husband. Christy, I hope things get better quickly!
Post a Comment